Monday, October 18, 2010

Rendering – Final Work






I am happy with the final design – although, it is not what I originally intended. I was planning to create a subtle, lightly coloured presentation where the house plans and sections almost glowed because of the surrounding trees, rocks and water. But the bright, bold colours, the layout and the shape of the house create a ‘treasure map’ vibe, and I think this works well. It’s fun, bold, and has exaggerated the aspects of the sight that made the clients fall in love with it. As a rendered drawing i believe it is successful. (I agree with the tutors comments that the plans should have been drawn with a thicker pen.)

However, I do not feel the class taught me as much as I had initially anticipated. I had hoped to gain an understanding of HOW to render drawings – different techniques, types, and materials... However, what I learnt was more about WHAT to render – highlights, features and shadows... Overall one of the most useful things I took from the class was a handout – it has conventional illustrations of a variety of trees in both plan and elevation.

No comments:

Post a Comment